Jean Marshall Classic Model

Classic Model-Photographer-Blogger

Thursday, January 28, 2016

Let The Gray Hair Begin! How I Went Gray In One Year by Ditching The Dye.

This is a photo of me taken last year in early March 2015.  I had decided to finally stop dying my hair in January 2015 after 20 years of enduring my hair coloring rituals.   The fact is I simply hate the process, the use of chemicals, the mess and what it does to the texture of my hair.  I have naturally curly hair but by dying my hair I lose a lot of my curls and to be honest, I Like My Curls.  I wanted to go gray sooner but society sort of  dictated to me that I should look a certain way and that I was still to young to have gray hair and I needed to look a certain way.  I use to ask myself, who am I fooling? It's so obvious that my gray roots are already coming out after 4 just days from dying my hair.   

 I'm the type of person who has always felt comfortable in my own skin and having processed hair didn't make me feel comfortable.  Doing anything to myself that I wasn't born with makes me uncomfortable. For example I don't have tattoos, I hardly ever wear nail polish and I did not jump on the breast augmentation train back in the late 80's till present time.  Not that any of that is bad, it's just  not for me.   

Honestly, I think  the fact that I decided to stop dying my hair makes other people more uncomfortable for me then it does for myself.  I've had a couple of guy friends tell  me my hair looks bad and I need to dye it.  But I think we have been so brain washed by media and society on how we are suppose to look like that it's just not normal to embrace aging anymore.  Or maybe they are afraid if they are seen with me it will  make them look older too. ;-) Either way  I don't want to try to look younger, every person I see that tries to look younger, looks like an older person trying to look young again and it  make them look even older to me.  Does that make sense?  Bottom line it's a vicious cycle.   I really don't care what other people think about my appearance.  I just want to be me and if I age a little in the process I'm okay with that because it's me and I am staying true to myself and who I am.  

No comments:

Post a Comment